Know How to Import Contacts into Outlook Web App
- First add your email account to Outlook on your desktop.
- Import all your contacts.
- Sign in to your email account in Outlook Web App. Now this will automatically sync with your email account in Outlook. Now you will have access to all of your contacts.
You can perform this with all the Outlook versions such as Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. If you don’t have Outlook on your computer then immediately get a copy of Outlook. So many new features are going to implement in the web versions of Outlook.
How to create list of contacts?
Before going to import the contacts to Outlook Web App, it is necessary to export the contacts from the other email service or a program to a comma-separated value (CSV) file. While working with this CSV file, you have to remember few certain things that are explained below:
- Outlook always requires the column headings in the first row. So it is better not to replace them with any other data.
- Now save the file with a new name with .csv extension. If you use Excel to work in the file, at the time of saving the file Excel will popup a message like “Are you sure you want to save the file in CSV format?” Choose“Yes”. If you choose “No” option then the file gets messed up and you have to start with fresh template.
- Now practice how to import your CSV file with a few contacts. The imported contacts can be deleted and you can add more contacts to your CSV file, and import it again.
How to import list of contacts to your email account?
- First open the Outlook on your desktop and chooseFile option. From there select Open & Export option and got to Import/Export.
- Now choose“Import from another program or file” option and then choose Next
- Choose“Comma Separated Values” and then click Next. After that in the Import a File box, browse to your .csv file, and double-click on that.
- If you want to specify how to handle duplicate contacts then choose one of the following
- Replace duplicates with items imported:If a contact is in Outlook and Gmail account, Outlook discards the information for that contact and uses the information from Gmail. You have to choose this option only when the contact information in Gmail is more complete or more current than the contact information in Outlook.
- Allow duplicates to be created: If a contact is in Outlook and Gmail, Outlook creates duplicate contacts, one contact with the original Outlook information and another with the information imported from Gmail. You can combine info for those people later to eliminate duplicate contacts.
- Do not import duplicate items: If a contact is in Outlook and Gmail, Outlook keeps the information it has for that contact and discards the information from Gmail. You have to choose this option only when the contact information in Gmail is more complete or more current than the contact information in Outlook.
- Click Next button. In the “Select a destination folder box”, scroll to the top and select the “Contacts” folder and click Next and choose Finish.
- Now Sign into Outlook Web App and choosethe People. There you will see list of contacts.
- If you add or delete contacts on Outlook on your desktop, it will automatically sync with your account in Outlook Web App.